In this article I will explain that How to Develop/Customize a Report in Oracle EBS R12 using Oracle Report Builder 10.1.2.0.2.
One thing I want to clear here that I have read on different website that Oracle Developer/Report Builder will no more in future. But I think it’s not true. I been using different Report Builder tools XML/BI Publisher, Oracle Report Builder, COGNOS, Crystal Reports since last 10 years, I found Oracle Report Builder is a very powerful tool specially for Oracle Applications.
- Create Report using Oracle Report Builder. For R12 use Oracle Report Builder 10G and for R11 use Oracle Report Builder6i
- I have developed Employee report based with department number parameter. Parameter name is P_Deptno. Note that Oracle EBS also has Scott Schema by default. You can query “select * from scott.emp”
3. Save the RDF file in local PC say “XX_TEST_EMP” and make sure there is not any compilation error. For compile Press Ctrl+Shift+K.
4. Then copy the “rdf” file to concern Responsibility path. e.g. for Purchasing report copy it $PO_TOP/reports/US.
5. Then Navigate to Application Developer Responsibility concurrent à Executable and fill fields as displayed.
6. Copy the Executable name “XX_TEST_EMP” and navigate to Concurrent à Program and fill the fields as displayed and save.
7. For Parameter Click the Parameters Button and fill the fields as displayed.
8. The assign the Request group. You should have access on Request Group responsibility. Normally it is under System Administrator Responsibility.
9 . If you don’t have access in of System Administrator you can use FND_PROGRAM.ADD_TO_GROUP
,PROGRAM_APPLICATION => ‘PO’
, REQUEST_GROUP => ‘Purchasing Reports’
, GROUP_APPLICATION => ‘PO’
When Others then
Dbms_output.put_line(‘Object already exist’);
10. Now your Report is ready to Run. Just navigate to Purchasing responsibility and Run the report
This article is for those who are looking answer of following Questions:
1. How to Develop a Report in Oracle Report Developer.
2. How to Customize Report in Oracle EBS R12/R11.
3. How to attach report in Oracle EBS. (Purchasing Module).
4. How to add new paremerts in Oracle R12 Reports.